Sunday 9 April 2017

A Rant about M.E. not just me.

I haven’t written much in a while so I think it’s time to get into it today. My Chronic illness (Both M.E and Fibromyalgia) steals so much from my life and often writing is one of the things I just have to abandon so I can prioritise living through each day. And when I say living through each day I mean that , from getting out of bed in the morning, to eating breakfast, to getting washed, setting my son up for his home education (which he works hard at). Then after that usually I’m away back to bed, get up for lunch, have lunch, try to potter about tidying away a few things and then back to bed for the afternoon. That sets me up for the evening, Hubby makes the dinner, I supervise lol (not that he needs any), have dinner, spend a bit of time watching my fav programmes and then away to bed. Sounds mundane doesn’t it, (And thats a good day) well that’s what it is and that can get me down, it would get anyone down, and that’s why I want to write, I want to write to rise above it, I want to write to feel inspired, I want to write to share that while life for me is difficult there are so many people suffering from ME that can’t get out of bed at all. Their carers day in and day out look after their every need and worry continually about their wife, husband, daughter, son, granny, grandad..etc. Why, because the Health services don’t really care, well not enough to create a care pathway for ME patients, or change their attitude about us, what we suffer, how much we suffer, and for many health professionals to finally believe that we are physically ill.

Coming up in May there will be a number of ME/Fibro Awareness events so I've posted a link to my local advocacy group Hope 4 Fibro & ME event;  https://www.facebook.com/MillionsMissingNewry17

Also if your're from further afield the link below will inform you of all other events globally in and around 12th May;


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the May awareness event in Newry Elaine. Rest assured, change is coming albeit it slowly! Be inspired xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joan, appreciate that, and yes we're getting there slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete